How to Gain Access to VA Base/ Post PX &
Veterans eligible solely under this act who are eligible to obtain a Veteran Health Identification Card muse use this credential for in-person installation and privilege access. The card MUST display the Veteran’s eligibility status
(i.e., Purple Heart, Former Prisoner of War (POW), or Service Connected).
1. Go to Visitor Center/ Pass and Registration Office (Outside of Gate).
2. Must have recent VA ID Card with Expiration Date & Bar Code at the bottom of ID.
3. Bring the following list of documents to Visitor Center/ Pass and Registration Office:
• Social Security Card or Federal documents with SSN (DD214, W2, Tax paperwork);
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Vehicle Registration; and
• Proof of Insurance.
4. If you bring a spouse and/or friend on base with you they will need to bring:
• Social Security Card or Federal documents with SSN (W2, Tax paperwork) and
• Valid Driver’s License.
Once all documents are collected and verified, you should be able to access the base the same day(not guaranteed).
For more information, contact:
• Visitor's Center/Pass and Registration Office Phone: 586-239-6849
• Visitor's Center/Pass and Registration Office Hours:
Mon0800 - 1500
Tue0730 – 1500
Wed0730 - 1500
Thu0730 - 1500
Fri0730 - 1500
Sat0730 - 1500